I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

itchy itchy yah yah da da

Mosquitoes like me. I don't really know why this is, but I've always been that person who can walk outside for two minutes and come back in with five new bites. Like I just did. Camping last weekend practically killed me, and now that those are healed I have a whole new set to scratch open and get scars from. (I'm also the person that can't not scratch a bug bite.)

The first weekend as an official step-mom went okay, though to summarize the lost post, I am the person who follows the five second rule, not the person that remembers to have kids wash their hands after they pee. I don't know how ready I am to grow up, either. With Jack I can grow into it with him, with Caleb I have to be a mom now and I just don't know how well that is going to work for a while. He took one bath in the last four days, and we forgot his medicine more than twice. He brushed his teeth every night before bed though, so that's something, right?

And finally a laugh.
Joe came in to the room this afternoon (I took a nap), and started bitching about Rumsfeld and the comments he was making that the US was not slow in responding to the Katrina damage. Joe was pretty mad but at the end he looked up and said "there is some good news though". I know him a little too well, so I replied with the punchline "You just saved a bunch of money by switching our car insurance to Geico?".
And he had.