I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Catharsis?

My oldest son's biological father has contacted me.
Over the past several hours I've gone through too many stages of emotions to list.
I am currently at cautious acceptance.
I've notified my son's mother, she's gone through some of them along with me.

It's been ten years (minus a few months) since I last had any contact with him.
There's distrust, naturally. I don't know that I can take the word of someone who abandoned me in that situation at face value.
I thought I'd gotten past my need for closure, but as I examine all the feelings that have been stirred up I wonder if I still need it after all.

My biggest problem is that in none of our contact so far has he apologized, or asked about the child we created.