I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday Confessional

I've decided to not sit on my ass crying any more, and to dispense with the confessions.
My goal for this is that every Sunday I will confess something I am usually too ashamed to talk about, or that I haven't gotten around to yet, or whatever.

I've been depressed the last few days (this isn't the confession) and I wasn't going to do this, because I didn't feel like posting if I couldn't talk about something real. Then I said, Fuck It. I can talk about something real without it being something that makes me weep, and I'm sick of being a prisoner to my computer anyway.

So TAH DAH!
My very first confession. I hope you like it.

My name is Maleah.

Despite what you may read on the internet, Maleah is an Americanized spelling of the Hawaiian name Malia (or Melia- I've seen both), which means Mary.

Back in the day Bing Crosby's brother Bob had a dance band and his daughter, Maleah June, was the singer. (Oddly enough I was also born in June)
My grandmother loved the name, but her first husband wouldn't let her use it, which is why I have an Aunt Marlene.
She told my mother the name and voila! I am Maleah.
I was almost Maleah Wave, but that is another story entirely.

So now you know, and you prolly understand a little better why at first I chose not to use my name. When paired with my last name (maiden or married) I am the only one. Which is really cool when you think about it.


Tags: