I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Monday, July 25, 2005

0814

So my mom has 3/4 of the channels blocked on the satellite, so I have to enter a password every time I want to see something, and I can't enter one channel and continue to search the guide either. Stupid parental controls. God forbid my 22 year old brother be able to turn on FX. (To be fair he is developmentally challenged, but he's still about 15 mentally. She really does need to lighten up)
They are trying to sell their house, so things must be kept clean in case of viewings, and my huge flannel sun moon and stars comforter doesn't "show" well, so I have to use stupid rustic quilt to make the bed during the day. Now, they are lucky my ass is making the bed at all. This is not something I do. It's just going to get messed up again. Then you have to go and make it harder by not letting me make it with the blanket I sleep under?
I love you mom, but your ways are not my ways. They are foreign to me. For example? There is no trash can in the kitchen. You have to take everything to the linen closet in the bathroom to the trashcan there. Sure you can't see a trashcan in the kitchen but that's too damn inconvenient. I kept a trashcan in my living room in Omaha so I didn't have to get up. I mentioned I am lazy, right?
I know these things are going to drive me batty very soon, and there are so many more, but I need to explain that I really love my mom. She's a great person, and once we got past my teenaged "I hate you" years, we've been friends. (My parents actually admitted they were crappy parents when I was a teenager, so it wasn't just the normal angsty crap). My folks are being very cool to put us up for this bit, but we figured out a long time ago we can get along as long as we don't live together, so I'm glad it's not for any longer.
All in all, it's going to be a long week. I miss Joe, I can't sleep without him, and Jack's crib is in the other room so I have to learn how to readjust to not having him in the room either. And I can't walk around naked after my shower. There really is a lot to be said for growing up and moving out. I'm really not as miserable as I sound though.