I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Cereal, dialup, free time and weather. My post in a nutshell.

So yesterday Jack got "solid" food for the first time, though describing rice cereal as solid is a bit of a misnomer. It was a riot. I've never seen a baby get new food for the first time, so I had no idea how much fun it would be. He hated it, and made some really great faces trying to avoid the spoon. I'm such a bad mom for laughing. We got some photos, so I'll put those up as soon I as I have the time to fight with Flickr. I know that the Cable modem/Digital cable/Digital phone system we had in Omaha was a wasted expense, but GOD I miss it. I fucking hate dialup.

Joe's sister gave us a 2 in 1 baby sit and step thingy, which really Jack shouldn't be using until he's six months, but since he can sit in it and play and he likes it I'm thinking why the hell not. This is a miracle. He plays for almost an hour before he gets bored and I can actually get things done. I've started laundry today, done dishes and am now writing a terrible post. Woo hoo! Now if I could just get my thank you cards written. It's only been four months, that's not late, right? Considering I haven't even mailed off the birth announcements yet, that is.

The temperature finally broke with the storm systems, and in the middle of the night we had to go to the basement because of the tornado sirens. I am pretty sure some moron accidentally leaned on the button, because there weren't any. It's in the 70's today though, and it's the first day in over a week I haven't been cursing the electric bill for not being able to turn on the A/C. The problem is, it's going to start getting cold. Sure, I hate heat and humidity, but I actually prefer summer. Well, Spring and fall technically. I like it to be in the 70's or low 80's. Once it gets cold I am going to get pissed. Then it will snow and I'll really start the cursing. I mean, I lived in Georgia for ten years. That's what winter should be dammit, never below 20, maybe it snows an inch one time throughout the season. I should just be enjoying the fall weather, but I can't get the nagging fact that winter is coming out of the back of my head. Dammit.