I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Friday, January 27, 2006

Food Reviews

Baked Cheetos: They are a good thing. They taste a bit like a cross between a regular Cheeto and a Cheesy-poof. Which is great unless you don't like cheese, in which case you are an instrument of the devil and should leave my site. Begone foul spirit!

Recently I purchased some very expensive olives (expensive for olives) that were stuffed not with pimentos, but with feta cheese. I like feta, and I eat olives out of the jar so I was looking forward to my yummy, yummy treat. What the jar failed to mention is that the olives were not packed in the usual brine, but in oil. (Not even olive oil, but sunflower oil. WTF?) Okay, let me just say, that shit is nasty. Have you ever had tuna in oil? I'm not a fan. I am especially not a fan of really expensive olives stuffed with feta being packed in oil. Damn.

Campbell's Select Gold Label Soup: Now, Penny Pressed recently posted about how much she dislikes John Lithgow's commercials for this product, and I have to say I wholeheartedly agree. They are guaranteed to get the mute button in this house, a sign of true disdain. However, I am a big fan of soup, and I figured if I didn't buy any of the ones he'd shilled for so far, that I wouldn't be encouraging bad advertising. So I got myself some soup. Today I had mushroom filled ravioli soup (which I refuse to refer to as "the mushroom filled ravioli diet", another ad campaign I despise). Sure it was good soup, but I didn't dig it any more than I do store brand chunky chicken noodle or clam chowder. So I have no qualms about officially calling for a boycott on CSGLS, cause we wont really be losing out on anything, and it may get John Lithgow to stop taking stupid commercial roles.

Now you tell me internet, have you had any good foods lately that I simply must try, seeing as how I love food?