I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Taupe, I'll dress only in taupe.

I'm a lazy bitch. I am sure I've mentioned this. Did you know I still have boxes in my living room? To be honest they are blocking an opening into the kitchen that Jack could get through, but the concept of me not being completely unpacked remains. Our bed isn't even put together, we're sleeping with the mattress on the floor. The excuse for that being I am awake during the day and Joe's asleep. I can't really put the bed together underneath him. On his days off I want a rest from the baby and he wants a rest from 12 hour work nights. I have legitimate reasons to put things off, I just don't go out of my way to fix the legitimate reasons so I can get things done. So the bed is still leaning against the wall and the mattress is still on the floor. I'm tired of it now though. We moved in here in October for Chris'sake. I really have got to get off my ass.

I did achieve something today, so I feel a bit better. We kept all our videos and DVDs on a bookcase in the living room next to the TV. Then Jack learned how to stand up and all of a sudden the best game in the world became "Lets pull down all the movies!". So he would. Over and over and over again. I would try to just leave them but I don't have that ability. I have OCD! I can't leave movies all over the floor! Toys? Sure. That's where they live. But the videos live on the bookcase and if he pulls them down one more time I'm going to pull out the small bit of hair I have left oh my god make it stop.
So I moved it to the dining room completely out of range of being useful, but also out of range of Jack's freedom. Yay for mental health!

I know I want to get the bed done next, because I am using it as an excuse to put off so many other things it would start this theoretical chain reaction that would have my home put together in a beautiful music and flashback montage. I mean, that's the way it looks in my head. It'll look less glamorous and much more sweaty in reality. But I'll have clean carpets! And I'll buy curtains! I'll get a Martha Stewart Living magazine and coordinate my candles and towels and outfits. Wont I be fun then! AAAAAA. Ok.
Calm now.

Who said that it's a sure sign of insanity when a person uses that many exclamation points? Terry Pratchett I think.

P.S. Yeah, it's the period.