I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Saint JRM

Today, I am cooler than you are. There's no way you had a better day than I did, in fact I've not felt the slightest bit of self loathing all day. Wanna know why? I know you do.

I gave my hair to a kid with cancer. Oh yeah, that's right, I am that generous. I mean really, when was the last time you did something for a kid with cancer? Let alone give them your hair?

Ok, so I was getting a haircut anyway. And I already planned to cut it shoulder length... but when the person says to you "If we take off ten inches we can donate it to Locks of Love" what are you going to say but yes? So my three years of growth are all gone (as I wanted, to be honest) but now some little girl with cancer can have hair, and how cool is that? On top of all of it my haircut was free which actually made me fell a little less altruistic than if I'd paid to give my hair to a cancer patient. Nonetheless, I've felt good about myself all day long. (Side note: I remember an episode of Friends where they were trying to convince Phoebe that charity is never selfless because the giver always gets something out of it... and yeah, that's true, but it's still a nice feeling.)

Seriously internet, give something to a cancer patient. You'll feel great.