I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Monday, January 02, 2006

Auld Lang Syne

Well, Happy New Year internet. I tried staying up but ended up falling asleep reading. Joe passed out around 8 though, so I don't feel too old. (In all fairness Joe had been up for over 24 hours, so he wasn't just being an old fogie.) We had champagne last night, and once again fell asleep early. 2006 is the year of Sheep Counting apparently.

We have Caleb right now, so my schedule is out of whack, but it's also Joe's four days off from work, so we'd be out of whack anyhow. We did his Christmas, and then since we needed batteries went to the store and spent another $170. It was kind of the grownup's Christmas, as we got flannel pajama pants (my favorite), I got two new bras, and we got a new toaster oven. It's purty.
Tonight is our dinner with my friend and his family, so that should be interesting. We bought a couple bottles of wine. They used to drink, and just in case they don't know we got wine that we like. We're pretty awful like that. Of course, we may not make it at all as Caleb is homesick and keeps saying he wants to see his mommy. Don't I just feel fantastic. I understand though, he's not feeling too well and when you're sick you just want your mommy. He was telling her last night that he wanted to go home and she started asking him what had happened and what we'd done. Then she put her skank friend on the phone to find out. Have I mentioned how much I hate this woman?

Anyway. So that's my New Years. Tired and frazzled really bodes well for my year, no?