I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

blargh ^2

You know, it's funny. I was in such a bad mood, and so not looking forward to work, etc. etc. and I just knew it would be a bad day. Then it wasn't. Partly due, I'm sure, to the two Xanax I took before going in. (My life really is a lot better if I've taken my meds. Keeping that lesson in mind I took them this morning. Yay me!) It was mostly uneventful. Well, in regards to me and the bitch. There is this one manager whose been on her side in the sense of "Maybe she'll get better, play nice, blah blah blah". So at the end of the bitch's shift she was told she could go home and she insisted -practically begged- to stay and do some more work off the clock to help out. Ok, maybe she really is getting better.
Then our GM showed up as she was finally leaving. I saw her whisper something to the GM and vaguely wondered what she was saying. Then the GM comes up and says to the manager who has been nothing but nice to and about the bitch and says "Why did you make D work half an hour off the clock?". I stood up for the manager at this point, but she was really hurt and angry. Part of me was reminded about the story of the woman who saved the rattlesnake from the snow. "You knew what I was when you picked me up".

Fast forward to last night and the new schedule being put up. Now, I knew it would be hard to work it so that I didn't work with her, and I told my other manager I understood if I had to lose hours. She reassured me I wouldn't. Also bear in mind that for the last two weeks I've had half of my shifts where I didn't work with her anyway. So at most my hours would only be cut in half, right? But none of that matters because I was assured they wouldn't be cut at all.
So why then do I only have one shift all of this coming work week? Oh, I got lied to, that's why.
Now, to be honest, I like only working one or two shifts a week. I'd picked up a lot more hours lately and it was starting to take it's toll. So one shift per week is not that bad. Except when I honestly believed what I'd been told. I'm far less upset about the hours than about the fact that I was lied to. There was no need to lie! I said from the beginning I would understand having to have less hours. I was still so mad about it this morning I remembered to take my meds. I am completely aware of how much good is coming from this. But I'm a woman. I'm totally allowed to have conflicting opinions and emotions.

SO ANYWAY.
The real reason I started a new post was to ask if any of you out there in internet land keep rodents as pets, and would like some rodents as pets supplies that I have left over from when the Brunos were alive. (I had two twin mice who I couldn't tell apart so I named them both Bruno in a reference to a guilty pleasure book. You get cool points if you know what book I mean.)
I've got an aquarium, one of those balls where they can run around the house, some of the expensive bedding, and an almost full canister of food. Any takers? I'm such a packrat. I just can't throw out things that have use and or value, even if they have no use or value for me.

In the spirit of cleaning up I've already put together a trashbag full of clothes, and a box of books I will be taking to the thrift stores. If you've ever seen pics on my Flickr account you've seen all the crap in the background of all of them. I need serious downsizing. So that's sort of my thing for Lent. Downsize me and my belongings. And I'm not technically Catholic! I'm like Friday Playdate, I like the concept.
Side note- When you link to someone whose real name you know, but it isn't used on their website do you feel obligated to use their alias? I do, but I think it's because of how secretive I am about my real name. It can be found here, if you are looking closely, but it's an odd name so I don't mention it openly. I'd be too easy to track. (I always wished I could be like Dooce, with her "My Name is Heather B. Armstrong and you can suck it" but hardly any of us have her balls. Then again hardly any of us have her notoriety or career that her blog has wrought. That's both good and bad I think.)
I also wont use the names of people in my life outside Jack, Joe, and Caleb. It's mostly due to the fact that I feel I would need permission and very few people know about this blog. If I asked permission I'd have to tell them where it was and I like that people I know can't read this site, thankyouverymuch.

So yeah, blargh. Squared.