I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Mommy, it hurts

Jack will be two months old tomorrow, so in celebration we got to go to the pediatrician (Happy Birthday Kiddo!)
For those out there who are not crazy mom type people, when a baby is two months old it gets it's first round of immunizations. The lucky birthday boy got four shots today, two in each leg. DtaP, Polio, Comvax, and Prevnar. One of those means tetanus. Now, you all should have had a tetanus shot that you can remember. That shit hurts like a motherfucker. So imagine a little baby who hasn't known much pain and does not know how to deal with it being stabbed repeatedly and then all of a sudden his legs are on fire. I've never seen him scream so hard or his face get so very red.
I was holding his hand and trying to comfort him, but I know it didn't do any good. I was almost in tears, because I may a horrid bitch but I can't watch my offspring hurt like that.

He's asleep now, after a long long struggle to find a position he was comfortable in so as not to lay directly on the injection sites. I told him in the car if he was old enough to have ice cream I so would have given it to him.

The good parts:
Birth weight 8lb 7oz
2 mo. weight 11lb 14oz (50th percentile)

Birth height 21 inches
2 mo. height 23 1/4 inches (75th percentile)

He'd gotten almost too tall to even fit in his 0-3 month outfits, but I didn't think he'd be that big. I'm very proud of my little (big) guy.