I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Dave

Do you know what it's like to lie to yourself? To tell yourself the things that are happeing are not?

My friend Allan and I are weird, fun people. We decided once that we wanted to name someone Brooklyn, the way there's always someone in a war movie called Brooklyn. So when we met Adam we decided he was Brooklyn. To this day, many people don't even know his real name.

The year before we named Brooklyn, we thought it would be funny to call someone by a definite article.
"The Dave" was born.

The Dave was hit by a truck the other day. His spine was broken in several places, a couple of ribs were cracked, his spleen had to be removed, etc.

He made it through the first night, which wasn't expected. He will most likely be paralyzed. I honestly don't know how to deal with this, so I haven't been thinking about it.
He's a wonderful person internet, I don't know where any of us would be without him. Pray?