I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Saturday, March 04, 2006

I want a new brace*

Did I ever tell you about my knees? I have this funny patellar something or other that basically means that my kneecaps like to spontaneously dislocate. Yeah, it's just as much fun as it sounds like.
I have this really fancy orthopedic brace made of neoprene that I can wear when it happens to get the muscles strengthened back up, and if I can catch it in time I wear it before I dislocate at all. I hate this brace. I really, really do. I get heat rash just about any time that I wear it since neoprene isn't the most breathable material, and I don't like the feel of it. I don't even hardly ever wear socks and shoes, and they are much less restrictive. So I hardly ever wear the thing, and I'm very bad about keeping it on when I do wear it.
All this is to say my left knee is hurting like a sonofabitch and I can't find my brace. Which would be fine, except by the twinges I am getting this one feels like a doozy.

Funny story- My knee once popped out while I was doing the Time Warp. My friends at school proceeded to tell everyone it happened while I was performing a ritualistic sex-act. Gotta love the Rocky Horror fans.

*Between reading American Psycho and the discussion about speed/caffeine I've had Huey Lewis stuck in my head. Whatever happened to him anyway? I saw him in Duets (Which didn't suck) but nothing since then. I hope he invested well over the years.