I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Drug Me Baby, Drug Me

I didn't write about therapy last month, so I figured I'd give you an update after last night's adventure. However, therapy makes me so crazy that it's best if update occur the next day. So here we have it, my adventures in therapy-land.

I go to a local clinic, which is only $20 a visit and my prescriptions are only $3 a piece, so it's incredibly cheap and pretty much the only way I can afford my medicine. Have you paid for three or four prescriptions a month at full cost? Holy Jesus God is it expensive. The downside to the monetary advantage? They see everyone (twenty or so people on average) on the same night, and all the appointments are scheduled at the same time. It's first come first serve, so despite the appointment being at 5:00, I have to get there at 3:30 to insure I am one of the first people seen. Usually this works just fine, but last night my doctor was late and someone decided to go crazy. So once he did get there he had to see the weeping and vomiting woman first. Don't get me wrong, I understood, but I am also selfish enough to be annoyed.

Finally two hours after I got there I was able to go see him. I've been doing okay, but I'm only on Celexa at the moment, and it doesn't do a thing for my OCD or anxiety issues, I wanted to make a plea for my Xanax prescription back. Unfortunately this is a new doctor who doesn't like to prescribe it since Xanax can be highly addictive. I've taken it for three years at least and never had a problem with that, but doctors don't tend to believe you and are more likely to think you are drug seeking. Luckily two hours in a waiting room with crazy people and an actively psycho woman made me nice and jittery. I got my Xanax.

Last time I was there, I noticed that every woman in the room had some sort of sandal on. It was bizarre, and I wanted to come up with some sort of correlation between crazy people and the need for unfettered feet, but I was too lazy. I did notice that last night all us crazy chicks had on real shoes, so it was more likely a warm weather thing anyway.

Finally, I am sure you are all wondering about the state of the woman who went a bit crazy, and unfortunately she had to be re-committed to the psych ward she'd just gotten out of. This is what angers me. They didn't leave her with enough meds to make it to this appointment, so even though she was technically stable when they let her out (there were a couple others waiting who'd been in with her) she was now off her meds and back to a very dark place. I really hope this time the hospital takes care of her, and makes sure she's going to be taken care of when she's let out again. It also works towards reminding me why I do put up with this clinic, and why I stay on my meds, so that I don't go back to that place. Either a mental place or the physical place of the hospital. Twice is enough, don't you think internet?