I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Friday, July 29, 2005

The Great Weigh Out

EDIT: I swear I will be funny and non-preachy again soon. Promise. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my ear.

I want to start an internet movement. The easy part is that it's just word of mouth, and we all have fair sized mouths. The difficult part will be the follow through, but I think it's worth it.

I want to get every woman we know to refrain from weighing themselves for the month of August.

Seriously, no scales for a month. No worrying that you've gone up 1 pound, no worrying about weighing after you pee but before you shower so it's a couple ounces lighter. I really think we can do this.

We'd need the following:
Every blogger who is in on it should try to post about it at least once, and make sure all their real life friends know as well.
If anyone knows how to make those nifty little rectangle link boxes it'd be great if we could have a symbol to put on our pages to show that we are participating, and to provide links to an explanation.
Some sort of mission statement, I'm going to work on it but if anyone has suggestions you can email me at jacksragingmommy at gmail dot com.
A better name than the Great Weigh Out.

I know it's short notice, so maybe we should make the "official" dates mid August to mid September.

So, feedback? Is this folly that no one will partake of? Have my meds stopped working to the point they are coming to take me away? Or maybe, just maybe, can we make a point that our worth lies in more than a number and that who we are doesn't depend on our BMI.