I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I am a Liberal

Stolen from Mixter, who in turn stole it from the author at Biomes Blog.
I concur. (Edit: See the comments for Joe's premier appearance on this blog)


Reply to anonymous conservative emailer:
Yes, I am a liberal. I'm not a moderate, I'm not a progressive. I'm a liberal. A label I am more proud of every day.
I do not hate America, I love her. And I believe in everything that is good about this country and I oppose everything that is not.
I despise corporate welfare.
I support the right of a woman to control her own body.
I believe every child should have access to the best education we can give them.
I oppose wars based on profit, greed and lies.
I believe it is our duty to protect ecosystems and biodiversity.
I want my children and grandchildren to inherit a healthy environment.
I believe that every person should be afforded the best health care regardless of their income.
I hate racism, sexism and homophobia.
I believe, as our founding fathers did, in the separation of church and state.
I favor fiscal responsibility and fairness in government.
I oppose cruelty to children, pets and wildlife.
I think the “"war on drugs"” is a sham.
I want energy independence and the emergence of alternative energy sources.
I don'’t want to see our country interfering in another nation's business, except to stop genocide or to encourage environmental responsibility.
I believe global warming is a real threat and that we need to take steps to stop this disaster in its tracks.
I believe in science, not mythology.
I think every American deserves the opportunities of an education and access to jobs that provides a living wage.
I believe in the free market, but that this free market must be regulated to protect the poor from the rich, the weak from the strong.
I believe in free speech and the right to criticize the government when it is acting against our people'’s interests.
I am anti-torture.
I am a liberal. Live with it and learn from it. You vote against your own interests. I vote for the interests of everyone.