I Am Jack's Raging Mommy

Please go to http://jacksragingmommy.com

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Rough Riding

Man I am having a hectic weekend. We had Caleb from Thursday to yesterday. It was a great visit, our best yet easily. The thing is, four year olds ask a LOT of questions. Constantly "Why" "Why" "Why" until I thought I was going to pull out my hair. And since Caleb has bonded with me now, all the questions over all three days were aimed at me. I would look over and beg Joe to take a shift.
I think the hardest thing about being a step-mom is the sudden-ness of it. I've been thrown into being a mom to a four year old when I am still trying to figure out how to be a mom to a four month old, and Jack is already five months as it is. It's rough.

My father in law, who is great but seems mildly senile at times, and brother in law came down to help us unload more things from our storage unit yesterday. I wasn't sure whether to be offended or not when pa-in-law asked if my rolltop desk was from a flea market. I just nicely told him, no, it had been in the family since it was new, and that it was a father's day present for my dad about fifteen years ago. Then we all went out to eat at a local barbecue place. Here's a little secret: I don't like barbecue. So that was rough too.

Today so far we've unloaded all the furniture and such that was in our truck, and started putting those things away and unpacking more boxes. I still don't have all my kitchen things after about four or five huge boxes. Later we get to go do laundry. Oh, and I've already been to Wal-Mart today, so yeah, another rough day.

However the bright side to all of this is that it was also a good weekend, and I feel somewhat useful for a change. And the boys are sleeping so I have some time to myself. Yippee!

*sigh*